Ethereal ™ Pure-Silver (Heavy-Duty) Audiophile Power Cable by A.L.A Audio
"An exceptional performer, achieving consistently amazing results placed between wall socket to regenerator/conditioner, feeding entire system"
"Clean, clear, super dynamic and lively sound. Astonishing accuracy in tone and length of decay, regardless of other power cables in the chain"
Made in Australia and constructed from ground up using 4 x 1.5mm 99.99% pure-silver and 2 x copper conductors, soft annealed with highly polished surface for maximum conductivity.
Each conductor is placed within individual oversized PTFE Teflon tubes aligned to centre with precision accuracy and held in place by injecting Foamed PE into specific sections, the conductors are then arranging in a Litzendraht formation:
The construction methods used address six critical areas of performance degradation:
1. Reduction of negative effects from mechanical resonance and other vibration
2. Maintain accuracy of conductor geometry
3. Achieving electrical properties that are consistent and fall within engineering tolerances
4. Strength and flexibility of cable
5. Minimise inductance "an opposing change in electric current"
6. Midigate formation of magnetic fields that can affect nearby equipment
A lightweight conductive aircraft grade carbon shield by TECHFLEX is used to prevent RFI/EMI interference.
Each point of contact has been treated with Furutech NANO Liquid Contact Enhancer to increase electric conduction area and debase impedance (Ω) as well as preventing oxidisation.
Two options are available for plug fittings:
Option 1: FURUTECH FI-AU3112-N1 AU/NZ AC POWER CONNECTOR & FURUTECH FI-11-N1 C15 IEC CONNECTOR
Option 2: FURUTECH FI-50AU-R AUSTRALIAN AC POWER CONNECTOR & FURUTECH FI-50 Carbon / Rhodium IEC connector
Built to comply with Australian Standards AS/NZS 3112:2000 and AS/NZS 3112:2004.
Please contact for alternative length or configuration
* We provide a Assay report verifying that the Silver used in this power cable is of USA origin and is certified 99.99% pure. Our silver undergoes a first stage analysis and a second stage XRF analysis for the purity of the product. There are many companies who will claim their silver is 6 nines or 7 nines, this is absolute nonsense and if in doubt ask them for a recent copy of their Assay report with their company details and date.
We use the highest purity silver at 5 nines = 99.998% silver in several of our interconnects, this is manufactured in Taiwan, the only country that has the manufacturing capabilities to produce OCC silver and copper. This purity level is very hard to reach thus making the silver very expensive.
The sound quality difference is major when comparing silver that is 3 nines 99.9% with silver that is 4 nines 99.99%. At 4 nines harshness and brightness completely disappears, in fact we have found very little improvement in 5 nines purity vs 4 nines.